Thursday, January 12, 2012

ACTION

Life is about movement. We either march forward, backward, or in place. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. Yet, the most difficult part of any task is getting started. You may not feel like doing what needs to be done, but if you go ahead and do it anyway, resistance will fade and later be replaced by enthusiasm.

Occasionally you may feel stuck and unable to move. If so, don't accept inertia or allow it to overcome you. Rather, stimulate yourself to take action by asking a series of questions. Here are some examples: What do I want, to be powerful or powerless? Will doing what needs to be done make me powerful? Will avoiding what needs to be done make me weak? What do I CHOOSE to be, powerful or weak?

Also, you can ask yourself, "If I could eliminate my lethargy, what project would I start and what would be the first steps I would take?" After getting your answer, ignore your feelings of sluggishness and carry out the steps. Doing what needs to be done creates the energy to do it! First act, then energy, motivation and enthusiasm will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment